Welcome to our very first post, all about our Tasty Kitchen. Historic Lake Norman is typically closed on Sundays, so Tasty Town USA owners, Ori and Sarah, are sharing a delicious recipe.
A Brazilian Fish Stew, named Moqueca, is what we have prepared. It’s a simple, healthy dish that is light enough for summer.
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 yellow onion, thinly sliced
1 teaspoon salt, plus more to taste
Black pepper to taste
1 cup of pureed or chopped tomatoes
3 cloves minced garlic
2 teaspoons paprika
1 teaspoon ground cumin
cayenne pepper to taste
1 can coconut milk
2 bell peppers sliced thinly
chopped chives for garnish
1 pound wolf fish, or other firm white fish, cut into chunks
1/4 cup chopped parsley (cilantro if you like it)
2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
serve with mashed potatoes
This is Ori and Sarah’s take on the Brazilian dish, “moqueca.”
Steps for Preparation:
1. Saute onions in olive oil until slightly golden.
2. Add sliced peppers and continue cooking until soften slightly.
3. Add garlic and spices. Saute for one minute to “wake up” the spices”. Do not allow garlic to burn and turn bitter.
4. Add tomato puree and coconut milk and allow to simmer for 10-15 minutes so it can thicken, stirring often.
5. Add chucks of fish to the sauce, stirring gently to ensure all sides get covered in sauce. Cover the pan and cook for five minutes on low to medium heat.
6. Check that the fish is ready. The fish should just begin to flake.
7. Once done, remove from heat. Taste for seasoning. Add lime juice, parsley and chives.
Serve with Mashed Potatoes or Rice.
Keep it Tasty!
# Keep It Tasty , #TastyTownUSA , 28115 , Brazilian , Culinary Tour , Downtown Mooresville , Fish Stew , food tour , Food Tour Mooresville , Foodie tour , Free Historic Walking Tour , Historic Walking tours , Lake Norman NC history , LKN , Locally Owned , Mooresvile Downtownie , Mooresville NC , moqueca , Race city USA , Shop local , Sunday cooking , Taste our town , Weekend Plans