Here it is folks! The perfect, flavorful, summer dip, that will have all of your friends asking for a recipe. This preparation features fresh parsley and mint from Ori and Sarah’s herb garden, as well as season eggplant from our local farmers market.
2 large eggplants
2 cloves garlic
2 teaspoons kosher salt, or to taste
1 lemon, juiced, or more to taste
3 tablespoons tahini, or more to taste
3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
1 leaf fresh mint, minced (optional)
2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
1. Preheat an oven to 350 (or grill for medium-high heat). Prick the surface of the skin of eggplants several times with the tip of a knife.
2. Place eggplants in the oven. Cook until eggplants have collapsed and are very soft, 50 minutes to 1 hour. Turn of the oven and allow to cool.
3. When eggplants are cool enough to handle, split them in half and scrape flesh into a food processor.
4. Add garlic, lemon juice, tahini, olive oil, mint, parsley, salt and pepper. Combine the food processors until smooth.
5. Transfer to a bowl, cover it and let it refrigerate until completely chilled, 3 or 4 hours. Taste to adjust seasonings.
Keep it Tasty!